Mr. Galini made a very famous and delicious Coconut Cream Pie that was frequently eaten and loved by many people. Mr. Galini had a granddaughter named Trudy Galini (who was very unappealing). Spencer wanted the pie recipe and actually ended up making a deal with her that he would go on a date with her and she would give him the recipe (episode iPie).
When Freddie was about to take his first bite of Galini's pie, Carly, Sam and Spencer all got their phones out to take pictures of his reaction to the pie. He said it was "just pie" and nothing to get worked up about, but he changed his mind after he took his first bite because of the incredible taste.
Sam, when she was eating the pie, said she wanted to marry the pie. "All I want in life is to be Mrs. Sam This-Pie!"
Carly said she wanted to "stick my face in the pie and go brrrrrr!".
At Mr. Galini's funeral, Carly, Sam, and Freddie went into the back room to find the recipe. Since the computer was old, it couldn't process quickly so Sam lost her temper and pushed the computer off the table while fighting with Freddie. The computer broke and made a big bang so everyone rushed into the back room when Sam and Freddie were arguing. Carly got three pieces of paper out of the computer and said "GUYS...GUYS...GUYS!!!" and showed them the pie recipe. After that, the pie shop re-opened, and everyone could buy coconut cream pies again.
Despite the apparent secrecy surrounding the pie recipe, Spencer managed to post the recipe on iCarly.com (the recipe can be viewed on the site, although it has been copied below).
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm. Top with whipped topping and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.