Hobos are often mentioned in the show, as Dan Schneider has a fixation on them. However, there have been no references to hobos since 2010 due to complaints over insensitivity toward the homeless.
- iWanna Stay With Spencer: When Carly dresses up as a punk, Granddad asks Spencer if her next "phase" will be "stealing cars or swimming with hobos." Spencer answers "I don´t think hobos enjoy swimming."
- iPromise Not to Tell: After Carly asks if they can´t give her new TV to a hobo, Spencer says that hobos can´t afford cable. This sentence (along with her guilty conscience) haunts Carly for the rest of the episode.
- iHatch Chicks: After Spencer quotes "either Einstein or that hobo that sleeps in the garbage behind the building," Sam says she loves hobos and wants to do a science project on them. Sam thinks that they are affected by gravity and she wants to study that for the science project.
- iPromote Techfoots: Spencer says that when he was riding the bus, a hobo spilled chili on him and continued to eat it without a spoon.
- iGo to Japan: Spencer and Mrs. Benson mistake Carly, Sam and Freddie for "muddy hobos." The Japanese cab driver asks what a "hobos" is.
- iPie: Carly and Sam tell the audience to check their "neighborhood hobo" and "hobos from other neighborhoods" for a coconut cream pie recipe.
- iLook Alike: 1) Sam exchanges the picture of Freddie's lookalike first for a picture of a hobo, then for a picture of a toilet.
- 2) When Freddie claims he snuck out he says that he walked outside, saw a hobo, and ran back inside.
- iTake on Dingo: The iCarly trio and Spencer spend two nights at a room in a disgusting motel where the owner said that they have a great view of Hollywood, but it's actually a room where a hobo named Hollywood sleeps outside of the window.
- iMust Have Locker 239: Spencer makes Carly draw hobos for three hours in a park.
- iQuit iCarly: Carly is dressed as The Hobo Who Thought the Vampire (Sam)'s Nose Was a Grapefruit in a Pathetic Play.
- When Carly's house was robbed the police found it in a dumpster next to a dude sleeping in it.
- iWas A Pageant Girl: 1) Ernie, who was Sam's tap-dancing teacher, is dressed as a hobo in a non-dialogue tap-dancing skit.
- 2) Freddie's card's word in the game "What Am I?" is hobo at the end of the episode during the second time Spencer and Freddie switch to new "What Am I?" cards.