"Life is jank! Because sometimes, certain little girls' brothers dump you for no good reason!"
After Lauren Ackerman, a history teacher at Ridgeway, gets dumped by her boyfriend, she begins to treat her students very harshly. When she calls Spencer in for a guardian-teacher conference (because Carly criticized her cruel treatment), she falls for Spencer's charm, and they start dating. After that, Ms. Ackerman becomes an extremely fun and easy going teacher: she makes caramel apples for the entire class and invites them to go ice-skating with her and Spencer.
After only one week of dating, Spencer realizes she is a total control freak who wants to know where he is 24/7, so he breaks up with her. After the breakup, Ms. Ackerman starts treating the students even worse, especially Carly, Sam and Freddie. This inspires Carly to come up with a plan to get rid of her for good.
They invite her to appear on the next iCarly to talk about her relationship with Spencer and trick her into admitting that she gave him a PearPod with 500 illegally downloaded songs as a present. The next day, after being tipped off by the iCarly gang to watch the show, the FBI comes to the school and arrests Ms. Ackerman during class for illegally downloading music. The kids consider telling Principal Franklin that their teacher was arrested but decide to go ice skating just as Ms. Ackerman had promised.
- In this episode, Spencer is working out. In the next several episodes, he doesn't work out any more until iKiss and iSpeed Date.
- It is noticeable that in this episode, and iWin a Date, Freddie's voice is starting to change.
- This is the only episode Ms. Ackerman appears in. She has never been shown to appear teaching again.
- Ashley Argota of fellow Nick sitcom, True Jackson, VP, has a minor guest starring role.
- Jessica Makinson, who played Ms. Ackerman, also appears in a True Jackson VP episode, 'Trapped in Paris'.
- At the end, Carly wears the same shirt she did at the end of iChristmas.
- This is the first episode in which a teacher is arrested.
- Shown as part of an "iCarly Double-Date Night," following the episode "iWin a Date."
- In this episode Freddie suggests that Carly and Sam talk about vegetables (asparagus and squash) on the web show, and they both ridicule him for suggesting this. However in iThink They Kissed they do precisely this - at least with squash (which is technically a fruit and not a vegetable)
- In the scene where Carly, Sam and, Freddie were eating grapes and talking about Ms. Ackerman, Carly was wearing a penny-tee saying 'Parole Baby'. In iStakeout, Sam's cousin Annie, who gave Freddie the tattoo, said the same thing.
- This episode was the season 1 finale.
- In the opening sequence, after Sam knocks down three bowling pins the two remaining pins are located right at the far corners of the blue floor tile, but after the discussion concerning Miss Ackerman and Sam attempts to knock them down both pins have moved.
- When Ms. Ackerman gives Spencer the PearPod, the box says PearPhone.
- Despite being a major plot device, merely downloading copyrighted music for free is not actually a crime. Rather, it is a civil liability to being sued by the music's copyright holder, if one exists and the music was not officially offered for free anyway. It would neither involved the FBI nor result in arrest unless Ms. Ackerman was caught selling the music files for money to other people.
Carly: You have a bathtub study tray?!
Carly: Oh, my God!
Freddie: [to Sam] Why do you have a bowling ball?
Carly: Don't ask why. Just pretend you don't see it; and that way, we won't be a part of the tragedy that's about to happen.
Carly: But, how are we supposed to write an essay on something you haven't taught us about yet?
Ms. Ackerman: I don't need your sass, Carly Shay!
Carly (puzzled): Sass??
Sam: Look, it's not fair to make us write ten pages..
Ms. Ackerman: Let's make it fifteen pages! Yeah, that's right! (She has a headache) Ow. I'm gonna go set some aspirin, start reading chapter ... whatever!
(Ackerman exits the classroom)
Carly: I'm not sassy!
Freddie: Her boyfriend must have dumped her hard.
Sam: No kiddin'. Lady's losing it!
Carly: Sometimes I'm bold, but I'm never sassy!
Ms. Ackerman: Well, look! More back talk from the sass master! (referring to Carly)
Carly: [stands up, raising her voice] I am not the sass master. And it's wrong for you to be mean to Freddie just cause your boyfriend broke up with you!!
Sam: Wow, Carls. Maybe you are the sass master.
Carly: You gave me an F on a quiz I never took?!
Ms. Ackerman: That's right! F F F F-ity F F!
Sam: [angrily] Okay, that's jank!
Ms. Ackerman: Life is jank! Because sometimes, certain little girls' brothers dump you for no good reason!
Ms. Ackerman: You set me up!
Freddie: That's a lie!
Carly: No, we set her up.
Freddie: Oh yeah.
Sam: Man you're off your nut!.
Ms. Ackerman: Is that so?, well then I guess I'm gonna have...
Sam: Yeah yeah now I gotta go do jumping jacks.
Ms. Ackerman: No you are gonna wash my car.
Freddie: We should probably tell Principal Franklin that our teacher's been arrested.
Carly: Or, we can go ice skating!
All classmates: Yeah!
Sam: You see this is why Carly and me are the creative ones and you're the tech producer who really shouldn't talk so much in these meetings!
Sam: [immitating] Ceerlie!
Carly: [To Freddie] Is that it?
Freddie: Yep, that's it.
Miss Ackerman: Well, what's the vote?
Freddie: The iCarly viewers think you and Spencer should....
[Results on screen]
Carly: [To Miss Ackerman] Break up.
Spencer: [Jumps up and shrieks] Wooohooo! I'm deeply sorry. [holds out his hand]
Miss Ackerman: Yeah right!
Freddie: [To Miss Ackerman] Listen, we know you feel bad.
Sam: [To Miss Ackerman, holding out a burrito] Want a bite of my burrito?
Miss Ackerman: No. And if the vote says that we shouldn't be together, [To Spencer] then I hate you! [To everyone] and the internet! [Goes to the door then knocks down a plant] Oww! [exits]
Spencer: [to Carly, Sam and Freddie] Okay, what was the whole point of all this? Now she's just gonna be mean and vicious to you guys at school.
Sam: I dunno...
Freddie: A lot of people watch iCarly...
Sam: And sometimes...
Carly: We make sure certain, specific people watch.
Freddie: Yes, yes we do.
Spencer: You guys are up to something and [runs to his room] I don't wanna know what it is!
Ms. Ackerman: Why are you crying?
Spencer: Well, this is how I used to get Carly to stop crying when she was little.
Ms. Ackerman: Oh.
Spencer: (stands up) And if that didn't work... little Carly got a little surprise visit from the tickle monster! (tickles Ms. Ackerman)
Ms. Ackerman: (starts laughing) Oh! Now, now! I cannot take- I can't take it! Stop! Stop!
See photos for this episode here.