|Season 2, Episode 3|
|First Aired||October 11, 2008|
"iStage an Intervention"
Carly and Freddie grow tired of Sam constantly borrowing money and never repaying them, so Sam tells them to figure out how much she owes them, and promises to pay it all back. She is stunned to learn that her debt is $526, but determined to keep her promise, she gets a job at Chili My Bowl to earn the money. On the next broadcast of iCarly, Sam asks their fans to donate money to her, citing the school's address as the venue to mail it. However, they find out that it's illegal to solicit money from minors over the Internet, and must send back all of it, or provide their fans a product or service in return.
Meanwhile, Spencer tries to impress an attractive single mother by helping her young daughter, Emily, sell Sunshine Girl fudgeballs. However, two older Sunshine Girls steal Spencer's place at the market. Spencer then comes up with the idea of sending fudgeballs to all of the iCarly fans who sent Sam money. That way, Sam could keep the money and Emily would sell the most fudgeballs in her troop.
Carly soon told Freddie about it, and said that she and Freddie could give Sam the money she need to pay them back, and Sam can quit her job. Freddie said that they can't do that because even if they give Sam the money she won't feel like if she really paid them back. So they arrange for an adult Sam doesn't know to give her the $526 as a tip. Sam is thrilled to be able to quit her job. However, to Carly and Freddie's dismay, she doesn't pay them back and instead buys a trampoline.In the end, everyone enjoys the trampoline Sam bought with the money. Spencer, however, wants to know where their couch is.
- This is the second time Sam cries.
- It's revealed in this episode that Carly used to be a Sunshine Girl.
- Even though Sam says she doesn't want Freddie to see her cry, he already has in iDon't Want to Fight.
- Even that the subplot is about Spencer help Emily to win a bicycle, Emily and her mother appear in only 2 scene at the begining, and then they are absent for the rest of the episode.
- If you look closely, there is a Blix machine in the back. This is a drink from Zoey 101.
- After the skit about "The prisoner who just wanted some soup", the black hat that Sam was wearing lands upside down under the table, but when Sam bends down to pick up the dollar bill on the floor the hat has suddenly turned right-way up.
- When Spencer comes back to the supermarket on his skateboard with a box of fudge balls one of the Sunshine Girls pushes him off camera, we hear him collide with a car then his skateboard flies back on camera in two pieces - half of it rolls under the table and the other half comes to rest in front of the table - but in the next shot one half of the skateboard has moved some distance to the left of the table; but when Spencer bends down to pick it up it has moved back closer to the table again.
- It is unlikely that Sam misspelled the word "girl" as "girf" in her text message to Carly because the letter l and f are so far away on a QWERTY keyboard - but older model cell phones do not have a QWERTY keyboard.
- It is unlikely for Sam to owe Carly and Freddie $526 by just borrowing $20 to $30 from time to time, since this is the only episode to feature Sam borrowing money, unless she does borrow money in the previous episodes but it is not shown.
- When Sam and Carly are in Principal Franklin's office he shows them the mail sent to Sam at the school and says that each item contains cash. There are two things wrong with this scene. First, it is against the law to open mail addressed to someone else, so the school had no right to open any of the letters. Second, the envelopes that Carly and Sam examine have not been sealed - if they had actually been sent through the mail they would have been sealed and should have been opened by cutting with a letter opener or knife.
Freddie: Uh... are you having some kind of lip seizure?
Carly: No, I'm trying to blend coconut lip gloss and pineapple lip gloss to create a Piña Colada flavor. [rubs lips together] I realize this isn't attractive.
Freddie: Actually, it kinda is. So, does it taste like Piña Colada?
Carly: You wanna find out?
Freddie: YES! [Looks at Carly hopefully]
[Carly rubs lip gloss on Freddie's mouth forcefully]
Freddie:You bent my teeth!
Freddie: You ready to rehearse some iCarly?
Freddie: Is Sam here?
Carly: Nah, she's on her way. [to Spencer] We're gonna be upstairs to rehearse.
Spencer: Don't harm yourselves. [Wiping his eye]
Spencer: It's okay, you can ask me! I'm easy!
Spencer: I could help her sell them.
Mother: Oh, I couldn't ask you to do that.
Spencer: Oh, come on! My little sister Carly used to be a Sunshine Girl. I used to help her sell Fudge Balls all the time.
Mother: And you're sure you want to help Emily?
Spencer: How tall is your husband?
Mother: I'm single.
Spencer: I really want to help Emily.
Freddie: You squished my trackpad finger!
Carly: That's not something a cool person says.
Carly: So, how much do you have?
Sam: [digging through her pockets] I've got fourteen bucks...a AA battery...some string...a fork...aaaand... I think that's an olive.
Carly: The olive's moving.
[Sam looks down at it, walks over, picks up a fire extinguisher and repeatedly smashes the "olive"]
Sam: ...[grinning] I got it.
Sam : [Hugging Carly] Look, Principal Franklin, it's my best friend, Carly, who loves me and sees the value in me as a person! Right, Carls? Tell the nice man!
Carly : Tell him what?
Sam : I sent you a text!
Carly : Oh! [Checks her message, and then repeatedly glances back at it while talking to Principal Franklin] "Sam did nothing wrong ... She didn't do the thing you're mad about ... She's not that kind of ... girf."
Principal Franklin : "Girf"...?
Sam : "Girl!"
Carly : Well, you wrote "girf!"
Sam : Two bucks from Louis Beckerman in New York... Two bucks, way to dig deep, Louis.
Sam : [Staring at two additional large bags of mail] We gotta send all those back, too?
Carly : That's a lot of work for two girfs!
Carly: Isn't "Chili My Bowl" the place where someone found a finger in their chili?
Sam: It was a thumb!
Spencer: Those dock workers wanted no part of me or my fudge balls! They threw clams at me!
Sam: Yes, can I help you?
Guy: Yeah, I said I wanted hot sauce and there was no hot sauce on my tray.
Sam: Sorry. [slams a bottle of hot sauce on the counter] Here's some hot sauce!
Guy: You should have put it on my tray in the first place!
Sam: You know where I want to put it right now?!
[Sam is an emotional wreck after a bad day at work]
Sam : [crying]I don't like working! I don't know how people do it. Its horrible! Th-they don't let you sleep, or watch TV, or go online, and they expect you to be nice to all the customers! And I'm not even allowed to eat the chili. Do you know what its like to be me, surrounded by giant pots of chili and not allowed to eat it?[wails]
Carly : I can't stand to see you like this. You have to quit.
Sam : No, I can't. I promised myself I wouldn't quit until I paid back every penny I owed you and Freddie. I had to clean... [gulp] urinals! Boys are so gross! [sobbing]
Carly: It'll be okay.
[Freddie walks in]
Freddie: My Mom says none of my realitives are...
Sam and Freddie: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
[Sam screams at Freddie and he runs off]
Spencer: I just wanted you girls to know that I won the bike. And because I am a grown up, I forgive you for behaving so rudely to me. Take care.
[Spencer rides away on the bike, as the two girls look at him in annoyance]
Spencer: [riding back and circling the girls' table] On the other hand... Check out how cool this bike is! Oh, I won the fancy new bike and you didn't! How do you jerks like me now? Oh...oh! Oh, I'm out of control! Oh, jeez! [picks up the corner of the table and flips it upside down as he rides away] I am Sorry!
[Carly, Sam, and Freddie are jumping on a trampoline in the living room as Spencer walks in]
Freddie: We're bouncing!
Spencer: ...WHERE'S THE COUCH!?
Related iCarly.com blog posts
Sam's blog: How I Quit My Suckish Job
See photos for this episode here.