"Aw, man, it's Sam! She's gonna see my costume and insult me in nineteen different ways!"
PlotIt's Halloween and a letter addressed to Apartment 13B has been accidentally delivered to Carly and Spencer, so Carly heads downstairs to give the letter to Lewbert. On her way down there, she finds Freddie dressed in the Halloween costume that his mom made—a witch's cloak, broom, and a wart. Downstairs, they give the letter to Lewbert who (after yelling at Freddie for making fun of his own wart) tells them no one's lived in Apartment 13B for 15 years because it's haunted. Mrs. Halberstadt, a longtime resident of the building, enters the foyer and Carly and Freddie try to ask her about Apartment 13B, but she can't hear them. Carly and Sam decide to do a special Halloween episode of iCarly from Apartment 13B.
The gang prepare for their webshow, with Carly donning a queen bee costume, and Freddie dressing up as a witch (because his mom made him wear it) but Sam doesn't dress up. Sam picks the lock of 13B and they go in, and start broadcasting, promising to stay on the air all night, no matter what. The promise lasts only a few minutes before the lights go out, glass starts to shatter, and an angry voice begins yelling "Get out!" The girls scream and Freddie tries opening the door to the apartment, but the knob comes off. Sam tries using Freddie as a battering ram.
Carly, Sam and Freddie take refuge in a closet, but are terrified by a disembodied clown's head they find. They head to the kitchen and Sam finds her hands covered in what appears to be blood.
Soon, the door opens and a middle-aged man comes into the room, while Mrs. Halberstadt, his mother, comes out of the back room. The gang soon discover that Mrs. Halberstadt is completely deaf without her hearing aid turned on. The group works out that the "haunting experiences" are little more than Mrs. Haberstadt yelling at a bug ("Get out"), a spilled bottle of hair dye (blood on Sam's hands), a clown head telephone, a short-circuiting light switch and a kitten named Abigail (knocking over some glassware and scratching their legs). As for why they were told the apartment had been abandoned, Lewbert comes by to say it's because he's a jerk.
Spencer plans to spend the evening carving a pumpkin using a design so scary even the blueprints scare him and Carly. Spencer's pumpkin arrives—and it ends up being so big he needs to use a chainsaw to carve it. Spencer continues to work on the giant pumpkin, but is interrupted by trick-or-treaters. He realizes, too late, that he's forgotten to buy candy, so he starts passing out other items, including diet root beer, ice cubes, macaroni and cheese, and even a set of jumper cables. He finds himself besieged by an angry mob of 15 children who storm the apartment demanding candy. He takes cover inside the giant pumpkin, but he's discovered and the kids take the pumpkin down the elevator and roll him out of the building into traffic. It is revealed in iMeet the First Lady that a fish truck then pushed him into Bell Harbour. The pumpkin didn't float, it sank like a rock. He manages to escape and returns to the apartment in time to help Carly and Sam end their Halloween broadcast with an important piece of advice: "Never forget to buy candy on Halloween!"
- The terrifying clown head is a parody of the horror film Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
- The horror and recording onto video camera scenes are parodies of the film The Blair Witch Project and, more recently, shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures.
- Lewbert playing a prank on the iCarly trio might be him trying to get revenge for Messin' with Lewbert.
- The Wrestling belt the girl has is the old WWE Championship.
- It seems unusual that Spencer heard the kids' screams from the 8th floor while they were on the 13th floor. From hearing their screams, it sounds like their screams came from the iCarly studio.
- The episode actually aired 11 days before Halloween.
- This episode is usually shown on TV in late October because it is a Halloween episode.
- The hallway set for the scene where they enter 13-B is simply a redressed and relighted set for the hallway outside of Shay and the Benson's apartments.
- Apartment 13-B might have been chosen because the number 13 is considered unlucky. And B looks like 1 and 3 fused together
- The scene where Sam can't seem to get the equipment into 13-B was actually a blooper that was dubbed so as not to hear Jennette McCurdy's laughter. The blooper from its original angle was seen in iBloop.
- This episode takes place only in Bushwell Plaza.
- Room 13-B is a parody of the room 237 in the Stephen King horror film and book, "The Shining".
- This is the first of two iCarly episodes based on a holiday, the other being iChristmas.
- This may also be a parody of the slasher movie SCREAM, directed by Wes Craven.
- In iMeet The First Lady Spencer claims that a fish truck pushed him into the harbor, and the pumpkin didn't float.
- On a Disney Channel show, Wizards of Waverly Place, Alex and Harper stay in an apartment also called 13B.
- Bushwell Plaza is very unusual in that it actually has a 13th floor - most buildings go from 12 to 14 as few people would want to live or work on the 13th floor.
- The old woman who Carly, Freddie and Sam thought was a ghost of apartment 13b, was portrayed by the actress who portrayed Muriel, the maid, in the Disney Channel show, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- This is the third time in a Dan Schneider TV show that the word "die" is confused with the word "dye", the first two times being in the Drake and Josh episode "The Bet".
- Exterior shots of Bushwell plaza show a full moon and a sky completely clear of clouds, yet simultaneous thunder claps and lightning flashes happen periodically which would only be possible if there was a thunder storm very close by.
- Lewbert confusing Halloween with Hanukkah
- Spencer giving the kids strange things instead of candy
- Spencer (and sometimes, Carly) screaming whenever seeing the jack o' lantern's face sketch
- Carly and Sam acting scary music
[Sam enters the building listening to music]
Freddie: Aw, man, it's Sam! She's gonna see my costume and insult me in nineteen different ways! [Sam walks up and sees Freddie in his witch costume. She takes the earphones out of her ears and looks up and down at Freddie's costume. She shakes her head]
Sam: Too easy.
Freddie: All right, let me establish a cross-duplex transmission between my laptop and my camera.
Sam: [sarcastically] Wow, a tech-talkin' witch boy. Look out ladies!
Carly: Well, explain the severed clown head in the closet.
Sam: Yeah, what about the severed clown head?
Carly: Okay. We thought this would be a cool place to webcast from on Halloween.
Sam: But it turns out this apartment really is haunted!
Carly: This could be the very last iCarly webcast ever!
Sam: And if anything horrible happens to us... [motions for Freddie to bring the camera closer] ...Mom, I lied to you. Those pants do make you look fat!
Freddie:[Freddie is trying to open the door and the knob comes off] Ahhh! The doorknob came off!
Sam: Why'd you pull off the knob?!
Freddie:[sarcastically] 'Cause I wanted it for my knob collection!
Spencer: [hidden in the massive pumpkin] No, I'm not! I am the spirit of Halloween! Aaaaaaah-huummee evthe pumpkin noises (sounding creepy)
Freddie: Something still doesn't make sense. Why did Lewbert say that no one lived here?
Lewbert: Cause I'm a jerk! Hahaha, I got you kids good! Score one for Lewbert! Happy Hannukah!
Lewbert: [splutters incoherently]
Carly and Sam: And this is Carly's brother Spencer... Any words for our viewers before we sign off?
Spencer: (Walks in drenched with pumpkin guts from the pumpkin) Never forget to buy candy on Halloween...
Related iCarly.com blog posts
See photos for this episode here.