"I'd love to date a guy who smelt like cheese"
April 17, 1994 (age 13-18) 
Any food that is tasty
Bacon (especially Bolivian bacon)
(especially Canadian fat cakes)
Galini's Coconut Cream Pie
"Hate Me, Love Me" (Ginger Fox song)
Lips to lips (kissing)
Pam Puckett (after iSam's Mom)
Quesadillas at Troubled Waters Mental Hospital
Sittin' and starin'
The Penny Treasure
The "butter sock"
Norwegian air conditioners (on hot days)
products of the pear company
Her butter sock
Diet root beer/soda
Fighting with her best friend Carly
Having her hair pulled
Letter "Q" (because of its pointless tail)
Melanie Puckett (identical twin sister)
Pam Puckett (before iSam's Mom)
School (except for lunch)
Striped shirts on boys (except Freddie)
The word "panties"
the Dingo channel
Kyoko & Yuki's webshow
Amanda Valdez (AKA Mandy)
Freddie being a part of iCarly (formerly).
Beating people up
Popping balloons, by spitting watermelon seeds
Mama (by herself; by Rex in iParty with Victorious; by Gibby in iOpen A Restaurant; by Carly in iLost My Head in Vegas)
Puckett or Princess Puckett (Freddie)
Sam (by everyone)
Sammy (herself, Freddie, her mother as told by Sam in iDate Sam & Freddie; her favorite cousin Chaz as mentioned in iLove You; and Billy Boots in iOpen a Restaurant)
Samantha "Sam" Puckett (born April 17, 1994) is the deuteragonist of iCarly and the co-host of the webshow. She is best friends with Carly and Freddie. She is also the ex-girlfriend of Freddie Benson and Jonah. In the episode iTwins, it was revealed that she has an identical twin sister, Melanie Puckett. Sam and Melanie were born in a city bus, due to the poor planning of their mother, Pam Puckett. The two appear different in many ways. Throughout the series, Sam Puckett is shown to be one of the most loved characters.
Sam later went on to star in the spin-off, Sam and Cat.
Sam is portrayed as a tomboyish, sarcastic, aggressive, and sometimes-bullying bad girl, who has no respect for the rules or other people (except Carly, Freddie, Spencer, and Gibby, sometimes). It is possible that her tomboy demeanor is just a wall so people can't get close to her and then hurt her. Consequently, she frequently gets into trouble. But she is also a beautiful, kind person who deeply cares for her friends. She also has a Butter Sock, which is a sock filled with butter, and used it numerous times. She has been arrested four times (three mentioned in iMeet Fred and once more in iWon't Cancel The Show). On the show, Sam has been mentioned to have been in a juvenile detention center twice. She even has a regular Tuesday appointments with Principal Ted Franklin (iPromise Not to Tell and in iLook Alike). Carly mentioned that Sam has a therapist to discuss her issues. She can be bossy at times but can have a big heart. She is also witty, caring, and ingenious. Usually, she is not a girly-girl. In season 5, Sam's style is sort of in the middle of a tomboy and girly-girl, and in the earlier seasons, Sam was a huge tomboy.
If possible, she avoids any kind of work unless Carly forces her to do it. Her disgust of work even led to her having a near nervous breakdown when she had to get a job to pay back the $526 she owed Carly and Freddie (iOwe You). She is also very prideful, which is why Carly and Freddie had to use a trick from a willing iCarly fan to have her keep the money she got from a "tipster" at work.
Although she usually makes fun of “nerds” and people who love technology, Sam herself is shown to be quite tech-savvy. This is first shown when she gives the correct definition of "MPEG" while Freddie has it wrong in iStakeout. Another example was in iMust Have Locker 239, when she builds an entertainment center and even programmed the "Random Dancing" bit from iCarly into their locker. It was also implied in iDate A Bad Boy when she could specifically tell what changes she wanted Freddie to make to her website. Also, in iHate Sam's Boyfriend, she set up her phone so that whenever Jonah texts her, his voice can be heard saying, "It's me!!"
For a girl of her size and age, she is shown to have amazing physical strength. In iKiss, she ripped off Carly's door chain with her bare hands (though this was fueled by anger), and she occasionally flips or wrestles people who are much bigger than herself, such as Ricky Flame (iCook), Japanese security guards (iGo to Japan), Jocelyn (iMake Sam Girlier), and also had Adam over her shoulder in (iStart a Fanwar). If she wants to make Freddie go somewhere he doesn't want to, she usually just lifts him over her shoulder. This feat even caused him to ask, "How do you do this?!" in iFind Lewbert's Lost Love. In iQuit iCarly, she and Fleck pushed a car in the garage, and she pulled up Carly from falling of a scaffold. In iPsycho, she demonstrated that she knows the Vulcan nerve pinch from "Star Trek", and in iLove You, she made one of Freddie's Train Club members pass out by squeezing his wrist.Perhaps her most prominent trait is her immense appetite and love for food (especially meat or anything meat-flavored). In iWin a Date, she finished a gigantic bowl of salad in no time, while everyone else had trouble with their food. If she's hungry, she wouldn't care if someone else already ate from a food item, as demonstrated in iHeart Art and iMake Sam Girlier. At different times, she kept a microwave, a grill or a crockpot in her locker and occasionally eats breakfast in class. She also carries fried chicken and ribs with her in her purse, as revealed in iWas A Pageant Girl. Carly said in her birthday speech that Sam can eat an entire ham in less than 15 minutes, although in iPilot she had difficulties in eating one, stating that ham shouldn't have a bone in the middle.
Sam seems to be somewhat of an artist, drawing very elaborate doodles as seen from drawing Jonah, drawing a bunny in jail, as well as drawing Freddie eaten by a tiger. She also comments that, "All creative people worry that their stuff is lame. It's an artist thing." in iHeart Art, as if she herself is an artist. In iLost My Mind, Sam paints a realistic portrait of a hand with the thumb and index finger raised against a purple background. Sam humorously said she was finger-painting.
In iGot a Hot Room, it is shown that Sam can speak Italian and is even apparently fluent in it. She says "Ti consiglio di fare gli auguri di compleanno a Carly ora, altrimenti ti spezzo le gambe!" which means "I suggest you do the birthday wishes to Carly now, or I'll break your legs!" According to her, her mother really likes Italian guys, and she learned it from them. As of iLove You, it is revealed that she, in fact, herself part Italian, which explains the aforementioned.
Sam does have somewhat of a soft side, especially when struck with guilt. This was proven in iPromise Not to Tell when she turned herself in because her friends felt bad, and in iKiss before her kiss with Freddie. There is no doubt that Sam is aggressive, but she would never do anything violent to Carly.
Sam is often suspicious and slightly paranoid for the weirdest reasons. An example is shown in "iReunite With Missy" when Carly stated that Sam had thought that Lewbert was an undercover cop because she thought his wart was a surveillance camera and that Gibby was a mermaid because he hates wearing shirts. Despite that, she actually knew what Missy was trying to do before anybody else in the episode. It was revealed to Carly at the end of that episode that she was attempting to get rid of Sam because she thought since they were best friends first, she cannot have two best friends. It has been shown in iSell Penny-Tees and iStart a Fanwar that she can be quite selfish.
In iWill Date Freddie, Carly states that Sam doesn't lie. But, in iRocked the Vote, Sam says and proves by examples to Spencer, she is an expert at lying. This might mean that, though Sam is an expert liar, she usually tells the truth.
In iChristmas, many minor quirks of Sam were revealed. She is right-handed but punches harder with her left, she wears different socks for good luck, her favorite color is brown because it's the color of gravy, her favorite junk food is Fat Cakes, her favorite book is "Boogie Bear 3: The Return of Boogie Bear" (she said she has only read three books in iFence, not including The Penny Treasure); she hates people the most, and she wants to be an invisible ninja when she grows up.
Sam shows her sweet and sensitive side once in a while, which proves she is not completely blunt and rude all the time.
It is evident in iSell Penny-Tees and iOpen a Restaurant that Sam has/had a desire to open a restaurant, as she suggested it in iSell Penny Tees and actually did with Gibby in their school's basement. The restaurant was called Gibby's.
The three books Sam has read are "Boogie Bear", "Boogie Bear 2" and "Boogie Bear 3: The Return of Boogie Bear."
In iParty with Victorious, it is revealed that Sam is actually quite good at rapping when she faces Rex in a rap battle. She is also proven to be a very good singer when she sings a part of the mash-up with the lyrics Leave It, I know somehow we're gonna get there and feel so wonderful and Tomorrow you'll be everybody's fascination. She sang the theme songs of "Drake and Josh" as well as "Victorious" before in a web video also seen during the end credits of iGot a Hot Room with Freddie and Carly, and Sam also enjoys singing here on the ninth photo of the gallery. Its caption reads "Singing is one of the few things Sam enjoys that is NOT illegal -- except when she sings in no-singing zones."
Relationships With Other Main Characters
(In order of first interaction)
(2002-2012; Best Friends) Carly and Sam met when they were about eight years old, and Sam wanted to steal Carly's tuna sandwich. When Carly fought back, Sam was impressed, and the two eventually became friends. To this day, they share a close friendship.
Carly acts as a moral guardian to Sam, while Sam will beat up anyone who hurts Carly. Although they have fights every now and then, they never last very long and the girls can always rely on each other. (See: Cam Friendship)
(2005-2012; Enemies, Frienemies, Best Friends)
Sam and Freddie started as enemies, but developed to frienemies and later bestfriends. As they grew older, they began hanging out without Carly much more frequently. Although they frequently tease each other, they can always rely on each other when they need help. In earlier seasons, Sam beleived that Freddie was a hindrance to iCarly, (a philosophy she developed as he is only behind the camera) and therefore did not want him to be a part of show, even if Carly requested his involvement on camera. However this changed in later seasons. (See: Seddie Friendship)In iKiss, Sam and Freddie shared their first kiss with each other after they agreed to do so just to get their first kisses over with. Sam later kissed Freddie in iOMG, revealing a major crush on him. They dated for a short while from iLost My Mind to iLove You, but broke up when they realized that they "didn't click". They did admit that they loved each other, but remained broken up. Their relationship evolved into a deeper version of their previous friendship: hanging out, exchanging barbs, etc. Their previous romance was brought up again in iPear Store when Sam mentions that she and Freddie dated for a while: "He's still in love with me, it's kinda sad". In the last episode iGoodbye, Freddie asks Sam over the phone if she wants to get back together, and Sam replies with, "What?! Wait...do you?" Her answer is never fully established, as Freddie quickly changes the subject and they do not speak of it again. (See: Seddie)
(2002-2012; Friend)Spencer and Sam seem to be very good friends, and whenever Carly isn't available, Sam enjoys hanging out with him. Occasionally, they seem as close as siblings, possibly making the Shay family a replacement for Sam's own dysfunctional one. It is revealed in iGet Pranky that Sam has a "little crush" on him, and this crush was mentioned again by Spencer in iToe Fat Cakes. (See: Spam)
(2007-2012; Friend)Gibby and Sam are shown to have little interaction on the show before the fourth season. In iMake Sam Girlier Gibby states that he once asked Sam on a date, but she broke both his thumbs. In iSpeed Date Sam decided to ask Gibby to the Girl's Choice Dance, and she seemed very upset when she found out that Gibby already had a girlfriend (Tasha). Sam once stated she thought Gibby was a mermaid because of his habit of always taking off his shirt. (See: Sibby)
(In chronological order)
- (Fifth grade)
Frankie was mentioned in iHate Sam's Boyfriend. He broke his leg when Sam pushed him out of a tree in fifth grade. Afterwards, according to Carly, he "rudely dumped her".
- (Fake First Kiss)
In iKiss, Sam claimed that her first kiss was with a boy named Buddy Hinton, in a port-a-potty at a Cuttlefish concert. She did not say when it happened. Later, Sam admitted it was a lie, and she had never kissed anybody before possibly meaning that Sam made him up.
- (Feb. 2008)
After seeing how much Sam liked Jonah, a friend of Freddie's, Carly persuaded Freddie to hook them up. They grew very close very quickly, to the point where Sam was focused on him more than Carly or iCarly. Carly eventually confronted Jonah about this, and shortly afterwards Jonah attempted to kiss her. Carly thumped him and threatened to tell Sam, but Jonah dissuaded her by reminding her of how much Sam liked him, and that she would be made miserable as a result. Carly grudgingly yielded, but when Carly later confided the event to Freddie, Sam overheard, and subsequently dumped him by "wedgie-bouncing" him live on iCarly.com for over two hours (iHate Sam's Boyfriend).
- (Jul. 2008)
- (Sept. 2008)
- (probably 2008/2009)
Mentioned in iSaved Your Life. Sam originally didn't like Mosby and threatened him when he kept flirting with her. When he signed her up for the Bacons of the World Club, she thought she was in love with him, but found out she only loved the foreign bacon he got for her. For this reason, along with not actually liking him, she broke up with him.
- (March 2009)
- (Apr. 2009)
Three unnamed crushes
Carly mentioned that it would be the first time that she liked someone who wasn't disgusting, someone who has a tattoo, or someone who is on parole in explaining why she might like Brad in iOMG.
- (Apr. 2011)
- (Sixth Grade - 2011 - Frenemies/Friends, Aug. 2011 - September 2011 - Ex-boyfriend)
Sam and Freddie shared their first kiss in iKiss. After she kissed him in iOMG, they became a couple in iLost My Mind. At the end of iLove You, they broke up after saying they loved each other. Since then, their relationship has been brought up again in iPear Store when Sam says that Freddie and her have dated for a while. It is possible that Freddie still loves Sam because she said, "He's still in love with me, it's kinda sad." Freddie didn't say anything related to that after she said that. Also, in iGoodbye, Freddie asks her if they want to get back together. She replies with a "What? Wait.. Do you?" And Freddie changes the subject. Both their answers were never fully established, possibly indicating they still have feelings for each other. Their relationship has not been mentioned since.(For details, see Seddie).
- (Apr. 2012)
In iGo One Direction Sam seems very interested in the band One Direction, but more so in band member Zayn Malik when she mentions she isn't dating anyone and Eskimo kisses Zayn's cheek. Also she randomly kidnapped him and took Zayn into the elevator.
- Sam's character continues on Sam and Cat.
- In the iCarly.com iCan't Take It gallery it reveals Sam was a Sunshine Girl but actually got kicked out of the Sunshine Girls for destroying a lemonade stand with a lead pipe.
- She loves Pini's lasagna so much that her dying wish is to be buried naked in a bathtub full of the stuff (undoubtedly, with copious amounts of Parmesan cheese.)
- Sam wears more accessories in IDate Sam & Freddie than she has before and she has a necklace with a mini-remote, so she can boo people on the street.
- Here's where to get Sam's necklace she wears in IDate Sam & Freddie, which she wears on her date with Freddie.
- In IDate Sam & Freddie Sam also mentions her mom used to put black coffee in her bottle as a baby because it made her dance funny.
- The girl loves forks: In iQ she became obsessed with a huge fork and in iSpy a Mean Teacher she pointed out that the Pie Spy camera came with a giant fork. Among the items carried in her pocket in iOwe You was a regular-sized fork.
- It was revealed in iLost My Mind that Sam's cell phone number is 503 664-0452, which is an actual working phone number. However, it directs the caller straight to voice mail and the caller will hear the message, "Hey this is Sam. No one ever checks these messages, so just hang up."
- Jennette McCurdy actually recorded the voice message that plays when you call the number.
- Sam was the only main character who did not have a Pearphone. In previous episodes she is seen with a red flip phone (which she stole from Missy Robinson in iReunite with Missy), but as of IParty with Victorious she is seen with a pearphone in her hand and got in trouble in Mr. Howard's class for texting Carly, meaning that she must have upgraded to a PearPhone.
- Sam has a real talent for rapping as shown in iParty with Victorious in a karaoke battle against Rex and as shown on iCarly.com when she raps with T-Bo and Gibby in Jessica Jitter attire here.
- Her locker is revealed to have a picture of Drake Bell (or possibly Drake Parker) and Fall Out Boy.
- From "iDate A Bad Boy" onwards, Sam occasionally wears a rainbow ring.
- She is seen to be very protective of her hair, and will stop doing something when it is pulled on, as seen in iPilot and iPromise Not to Tell.
- Her last name was revealed in iPromise Not to Tell.
- Sam has competed in pageants and was placed second in nineteen of them. One was the Seattle Beauty Pageant where she was accused of pushing her rival, LeAnn Carter, down a flight of stairs. She was banned for seven years because of that, but maintains it was merely an accident. She also self-admittedly feels "hot" in a pink evening gown.
- In "iWas a Pageant Girl " Sam ends up winning a beauty pageant, beating LeAnn Carter, who was going for her 100th pageant win in a row.
- Sam is revealed to be exactly the same as a little kid (even with the pageants).
- She is known to throw tantrums by throwing herself lengthwise on Carly's couch kicking and pounding it while screaming loudly when she doesn't get her way (so does Spencer).
- Sam occasionally wears boxers and has an extreme dislike of the word "panties" despite having a pair that has "I ♥ Las Vegas" on them (iGo To Japan, iMake Sam Girlier, iSam's Mom).
- According to Freddie, Sam can knock out a truck driver with only a carton of milk. (iMake Sam Girlier)
- Many family members of Sam are either in jail or on parole.
- It is revealed on the iCarly website that she can fit her whole fist inside her mouth. This is a reference to the Drake & Josh episode "The Great Doheny", where Drake's date (played by future Glee star Dianna Agron) was able to stick her whole fist in her mouth.
- Except for the initial iCarly Wiki page everyone comes to (over 197,000 visits), 'Sam Puckett' is the Most Visited Page on this wiki with over 125,000 visits
- Sam has cried 4 times in the series: In iDon't Want to Fight (because she almost ruined her friendship with Carly), iOwe You (because she hated her job), in iQuit iCarly (she almost fell to her death), and iToe Fat Cakes (she was emotional from eating a Canadian Fat Cake).
- In iCook, Sam states that she once got intestinal parasites from eating raw meat.
- It is revealed in iDate a Bad Boy that Sam had been tazed before.
- A possible predecessor to Sam was "Jack Campbell, Fat Cop", a fat cop played by Danny Tamberelli on All That, who, like Sam, ate as much as he could when he had the chance.
- As said on a picture in the iThink They Kissed gallery on iCarly.com, Sam can hold her pee for only 3 hours.
- As seen in IHire An Idiot, Sam seems to be ticklish when Carly tickles her barefeet in order wake her up.
- She said in IHire An Idiot, she enjoys being clean but doesn't like bathing.
- In Dan Schneider's fun facts for iSam's Mom, Dan said that Sam gets her toughness from her mom, and that Sam can actually take down her mother. (Dan said that Sam didn't want to hurt her mom too much, though, so went easy on her)
- Jennette McCurdy always has to lower her voice to play Sam, and has to make her voice higher to play Melanie. Jennette stated that her voice range is between Sam's and Melanie's.
- iWas a Pageant Girl, iHatch Chicks and iMust Have Locker 239 shows she is very talented in the creative department as she can play the trombone, (had 2 years of lessons) can tap dance and was prepared to sing for her talent in a beauty pagent. She is also a very skilled artist being able to draw a bunny in jail very well. In iLost My Mind she was shown to be an excellent 'finger' painter.
- It's mentioned in iChristmas that her favorite color is brown because it's the colour of gravy and meat.
- We find out in iGet Pranky that she is the one who comes up with the pranks for Messin' with Lewbert on the iCarly webshow.
- Sam's star sign is an Aries, and her personality is quite like it.
- Despite her personality, Sam also shows some feelings of sadness.
- In recent seasons Sam is less aggressive and tomboyish. Her appearance and clothing taste (as the seasons went by) has slowly become slightly more girly.
- According to Freddie's blog, If you let Sam eat as many hot dogs as she wanted during half-time, she could inhale up to 17.7 pounds of meat.
- The cast of Victorious voted Sam Puckett the clear winner of their favorite iCarly character. Ariana Grande ("Cat") said, "There's no one like Sam Puckett."
- According to iParty with Victorious, Sam's father abandoned her family when she was younger and claimed he was coming back. Upon hearing this, Sam received shocked stares from all of her friends. She changed the subject quickly.
- The only episode Sam does not appear in is iWon't Cancel The Show. This was because Jennette McCurdy was in the hospital due to a high temperature the week the episode was filmed.
- The only other people besides Sam herself to call her 'Mama' is Gibby in iOpen a Restaurant ("Mama gonna get her some tater tots.") and Carly in iLost My Head in Vegas. Rex called her Mama in iParty with Victorious ("Mama got rhyme") but 'he' is not a real person.
- She was know*n as "Regina Goodbody" as her disguise in iParty With Victorious.
- After Sam and Freddie started dating, then they broke up, Sam stopped hurting Freddie and making fun of him. She is however still rude to him.
- According to iCarly.com, Sam is of Italian descent.
- According to Dan Schneider, iCarly would have been called "iSam": The main character would've been called Sam, while the Sam Puckett character would be called Kira. However, the URL "iSam.com" was already taken.
- Sam has had two jobs throughout the show: Once in iOwe You at Chili My Bowl and the other in iPear Store at the Pear Store.
- Sam has been a business co-owner/partner twice: In iSell Penny-Tees and iOpen A Restaurant.
- Additionally, Sam becomes Cat's business partner in Sam & Cat.
- In IBust a Thief it is mentioned that her Laptop was a Bat Mitzvah gift from her Grandma. This could mean her grandma thinks she's Jewish or she could be.
- Ms. Briggs
- Nevel Papperman
- Kyoko and Yuki (iGo to Japan)
- Wade Collins (iRocked the Vote)
- Jocelyn (iMake Sam Girlier)
- Missy Robinson (iReunite With Missy)
- Mr. Howard
- LeAnn Carter (iWas a Pageant Girl)
- Nora Dershlit (iPsycho & IStill Psycho)
- Mr. and Mrs. Dershlit (IStill Psycho)
- Pam Puckett (Until iSam's Mom)
- Carly Shay (In IQuit iCarly and iDon't Want to Fight, where they were fighting, otherwise they are best friends)
- The 4th Grade Kids (iSell Penny-Tees)
- Tasha (iNevel)
- Valerie (iWill Date Freddie)
- Jonah (iHate Sam's Boyfriend, after she found out he wanted to kiss Carly)
- Mrs. Benson
- Ms. Ackerman (iHave a Lovesick Teacher )
- Freddie Benson (until iLost My Mind, not counting iOMG)
- Lervin's Bully (iBattle Chip)
- Dana Bukowski and her friends when they tied up her friends in iRescue Carly.
- The Petographers (iMove Out)
Click here to view Sam's Gallery.