After his disastrous blind date the night before with Stephanie, a woman under the delusion that she owns a pet unicorn, a desperate Spencer heeds his sister, Carly's, advice and signs up for Whynotdateme.com.
For a man as creative as Spencer is, he is surprisingly inept at making an appealing video of himself to upload to the dating site. In his first attempt at creating a video, he sits on a stool in front of his apartment's cargo elevator, his shirt buttoned up to the neck and hair slicked back with chicken fat (much to the disgust of his sister).
In his second video, Spencer makes the opposite mistake and tries too hard to appear looser. Wearing a baseball glove and tossing a ball in the air, Spencer looks into the camera, telling potential dates that they've just taken a "right turn down lucky street" by clicking on his profile. Trying to appear sporty, Spencer then throws the ball across the room, but he ends up accidentally breaking his and Carly's fishbowl and killing their pet goldfish.
In his third video attempt, Spencer means to "keep it simple and real" by filming himself simply eating cereal for nine minutes. Despite the video being extremely lame, Spencer reports receiving ten responses to the clip:
- Four of the responses were from women in prison.
- Three of the responses were from women just out of prison.
- Two of the responses were from female psychologists who feel they could "help" Spencer (apparently thinking that he might have mental/psychological problems).
- The final response was actually from a man, with an apparently feminine-looking appearance, as Spencer initially mistook the person for a woman until his sister pointed out that the "she" was actually a "he."
- Spencer is member #524 on the site.
- According to Sam, her mother's been banned from Whynotdateme.com.
- If you go to Whynotdateme.com, it will redirect you to iCarly.com, as do most of the fake websites shown on iCarly.
- The website has been mentioned again on www.iCarly.com, in the "We Party with Carly's Dad!" gallery. There's a picture of Spencer lying on the stairs wearing a hat. Apparently, this picture got more comments on the Whynotdateme.com than any other Spencer's photo.